A fantastic show piece to kick off any celebration. Easy to prepare, deliciously light with an indulgent rich chocolate sauce.
Makes: 14 Profiteroles
- 100g Butter
- 250ml Water
- 125g Plain Flour
- 4 Eggs, beaten
- 300ml Whipped Double Cream
- 100g Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Golden Syrup
- 50g Butter
- 3 Tbsp Coco Powder
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
1. Melt the water and the butter on a low heat in a large saucepan.
2.Add the flour all at once and mix quickly with a wooden spoon until
the mixture pulls away from the side of the pan.
3. Add the egg slowly and beat the mixture until fully combined into a paste.
4. Spoon the mixture onto two non-stick trays with space for them to expand.
5. Cook in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes until golden brown.
6.Once cooked, lay out on wire racks to cool.
7. When cooled, split the profiteroles in half and fill with a generous
spoon of whipped cream.
8. For the chocolate sauce, put the sugar, golden syrup, butter, cocoa
powder and vanilla essence in a pan, and simmer over a low heat.
9.Once melted together, bring to the boil for 3 minutes, stirring
continuously ensuring the sauce not to burn.
10. Finally, arrange the profiteroles into a tower and pour on the
For an extra little sparkle try adding some edible glitter, cake decorations or for an alternative taste, try adding some caramel with the cream.